We are dedicated to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. Xoom (referred to below as "we" or "us") recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with a better service. The term ‘you’ or'your' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
By using this website, you give your consent that all personal data you submit may be processed in the manner and for the purposes described below.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is Xoom Ltd whose registered office is Elm Park House, Elm Park Court, Pinner, Middlesex, HA5 3NN.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- details of transactions You carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your order if any. When making a purchase with Xoom, we will collect your contact information, which includes name, address, email address and phone number, as well as payment information;
- any other information that you choose to send to us; When you become a Xoom customer you automatically subscribe to electronic newsletter and special offer promotions. You can request to be unsubscribed from certain communications by emailing email@example.com; If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- other information to help us provide you with improved services; We may also collect information from the cardholder if another member of your household.
How we use your information
We use information about you in the following ways:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- to enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services;
- to provide customer care;
- to carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- to notify you about changes to our website and services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you from us or from selected third parties, where you have consented to be contact for such purposes.
With who is the information shared?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- any cardholder who has purchased services on your behalf;
- any employees, agents or service providers of Xoom to deal with any accounts or to deliver specific services to you;
- any associated company who are our business partners and/or with whom we work;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, subject to their entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings;
- if Xoom or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Xoom, our customers, or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies.
If you do nothing other than read pages or download information while using this web site, we will capture and store information about your visit. This information will not identify you; it relates to:
- the Internet domain and IP address from which you access the web site;
- the type of browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape) and operating system (Windows, UNIX) you use;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visit;
- the address of the web site from which you linked to us (if applicable).
We use this information to make each visit more rewarding, and to provide us with information to help improve our service. We do not know (and do not want to know) the identities of people who visit us in this way.
We may publish Google Adsense advertisements on our website. Google tailors these to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour across the web using cookies. You can manage any cookies associated with your internet use using Google's Ads Preference Manager which can been seen at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can also choose to opt-out of the Adsense partner network at: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. This opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and therefore if you clear all cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained.
Any associated company may also send you cookies.
More information on cookies can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers in the UK. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Credit card numbers are used for processing payment only and are not retained for marketing purposes.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Xoom may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. Any information You supply on such sites will not be within our control.
How can you update the personal information you have provided to us?
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your address, title, phone number or e-mail address. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by e-mailing us at email@example.com
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £15 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: by signing up for any of our services you agree to be bound by all Xoom's terms and conditions.